Rumson is a historic borough in Monmouth County, NJ, bordered by the Navesink and Shrewsbury Rivers, and is located on a picturesque peninsula overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. Established in 1907, “Rumson” is believed to have been shortened from Navarumsunk, the name given to the peninsula by the Lenni-Lenape’ tribe who inhabited the region. The peninsula’s natural beauty and proximity to the water made it a favorite holiday destination of wealthy New Yorkers during the early 1900s.
Houses for Sale in Rumson NJ
Rumson is an opulent community where exquisite homes line tranquil tree-lined streets. The grandest properties are found on the banks of the Shrewsbury and Navesink Rivers, as well as along Rumson Road, one of the borough’s major avenues. Many of Rumson’s luxury homes have been custom built and feature top-of-the-line finishes, indoor automated living, and acres of landscaped grounds. Rumson also offers single-family homes and those without river views are offered at more modest prices. These homes provide plenty of small-town charm, and are located near top-rated schools, and the downtown area.
Attractions and Amenities
- Rumson is known for its superb parks and recreation department, featuring playgrounds, sports fields and courts. There are venues for community events, concerts, and free movies. Victory Park is known for its history, and waterfront area.
- Cross over nearby Shrewsbury Bridge and you are in the town of Sea Bright, a favorite destination among locals and visitors. The beach is home to the exclusive Sea Bright Beach Club, as well as to six other private beach clubs
- Rumson Country Club and historic Sea Bright Lawn Tennis and Cricket Club offer exclusive golf and sports and leisure facilities.
- Cross over nearby Shrewsbury Bridge and you are in the town of Sea Bright, a favorite destination among locals and visitors. The beach is home to the exclusive Sea Bright Beach Club, as well as to six other private beach clubs.
- Rumson is home to world-class restaurants boasting a variety of international and local fare. Must try is the top-rated Italian restaurant, Undici, and Fromagerie, a local favorite, for French cuisine . Other popular dining places include Russel & Bette’s (formerly What’s Your Beef), Salt Creek Grille, and Ristorante Giorgio. A favorite for kids of all ages, is the ice cream shop, Crazies.
- Many residents commute, usually via water, to nearby lower Manhattan. Sea streak, the fast ferry service from Atlantic Highlands, is now the main commuter service connecting Rumson and Manhattan .
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.